What you do on a date can make it or break it. But so can things like your personality, your interests/hobbies, your looks, and beliefs/values, etc. The general safe bet is going out for a meal or drinks or both. But that gets boring and overdone. Plus, it can be loud and hard to get to know your date in between mouthfuls of goat cheese gnocchi. So I, in all my dating wisdom, have come up with some out of the box ideas for your next date. (You can thank me by sharing my blog with your friends.)
1) Shark Cage Diving: You don’t think this sounds romantic? It’ll get yours and your date’s heart racing. The chances of getting attacked by a shark are 1 in 3,748,067, which are similar to how special your date is to you: “You’re one in a million, babe!” And if you two can survive this date, you can survive anything…probably.
2) Bungee Jumping: Literally fall for your date. Also find out how they behave when they’re at the end of their rope.
3) Go to a fortune teller: Why wait to find out if you and your date are meant to be, have a psychic tell you. I’m sure it’ll be accurate.
4) Go to an open house as if you are a newlywed couple actually shopping for your dream home: Better to find out now if your date is one of those awful people who think paint color is enough to say no to a house. You don’t need that negativity in your life.
5)Volunteer together: Find a local organization that serves an issue you and/or your date are passionate about and give back. If it goes well, you might receive something by the end of the date.
6) Take part in an Escape Room: No sense in keeping this thing going if you or your date aren’t helpful in a crisis situation. And if you are able to escape together you can celebrate how well you work together.
7) Go to a trampoline park: Get things jumpin’ jumpin’ (in the words of Destiny’s Child) with, well, some jumping.
8) Go to the public library: Each of you can pick out your favorite book for the other to read. Books can tell you a lot about a person. For example, if they chose “The Sociopath Next Door” you might want to run for the door. But if they chose any book from the The Lord of the Rings trilogy, you might want to just put a ring on it right now.
9) Watch a classic movie on mute: Then improvise the dialogue. Your date will be something right out of a movie.
10) Take your date on a ghost tour: Before you start calling them your boo, have a ghost spook you with a “BOO!” It might also help you decide if you’re ready for the whole “til death do us part” thing.
So what are you creative date ideas? Leave them in the comments.
Previous Post: Worst First Date(s)